Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chicago

I love going to musicals and concerts, even though I didn't really manage to go to such activities as much.
I feel it's a good thing to be able to compare the musical and the movie, and I feel I do like both versions of Chicago in different ways.
The movie version was almost perfect, adding a certain grandness and exquisiteness to the show.
The musical, however, is charming because if the 'live' elements, somehow its much funnier with the audience laughing together at some little details, and the little 'awww' when Amos is onstage.
The movie was of course much more detailed and I can see every little movement of the dance numbers, especially that for Billy Flynn's opening number whereby they formed into a train, which wasn't there in the musical.
One disappointing thing about the musical was that of Mary Sunshine, which I wanted to see the original version badly because it's very different from the movie, but not much was being portrayed, and the drama when it was revealed it's actually a guy was not very well done.
I still hope more musicals can come to Singapore to give me the chance to compare =(

No comments: